Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Well since I have your attention...

Welcome to my blog. I’m going to leave this posting up for a few days as I’m hoping for some "job action." You got here (if you’re reading this on Wednesday August 20th, 2008) courtesy of HARO and want to know more about me. I’d suggest that you read through the blog postings for more details, but I’ll give you a summary here:

I’m under employed and looking for a better job. My goal is not necessarily for a specific position, but one that will best fit my needs and skill sets. However my preference is within these ideas (however if you think I can be of use to your organization, please let me know!):

  • Finance/Investment/Banking;
  • Marketing (as it relates to smaller growth companies);
  • Employment with a young company that need a more senior person that can hit the ground running to manage projects;
  • IT/Project Management on the e-commerce/wealth management side;

I’m not trying to be elusive by not stating that I want a job doing "X", my thought process and job desires are not like that. Whatever I'm doing needs to feed me in a different manner. I like educating/helping people; I want to use my planning and technical skills; I seem to be good at marketing and want to continue to expand those skills; I want to be encouraged and excited about what a company is doing. In the past I've found these roles in the financial services sector (I've been investing since age 13) and striking out on my own. My goal is to find a position that can take advantage of all/most of what I’m mentioned here:

  • Member of the PMI (working towards my PMP)
  • Over 10 years of PM experience
  • Investment and Banking experience
  • Created E-Commerce/Wealth Management Systems
  • Good Marketing skills
  • Creative and Entrepreneurial

If you know of a position that you would meet my needs (read through my posts and you’ll get a better idea) please let me know. I’d me more than happy to send out my resume to you. Check my profile for contact information and yes I would consider working internationally.


Bye now, going for a run.

6 comments:

Jeff SKI Kinsey said...

I do not get the "replaced by CGI" reference. Please explain.

GottaGetAJobNow said...

CGI is in reference to "Computer Generated Imagery" The person is in a "Cylon" costume from the original "BattleStar Galactica" television show.

The show has been remade (much along the lines of Star Trek and Star Trek, The Next Generation" and the actors in costume have been replace by computer graphics.

Jason Rushin said...

Nice blog! I feel your pain, since I'm in the same boat. I've been looking for about a year now, but currently have a "good" job, so am in no hurry. It's given me the opportunity to only search/interview for the "cool" jobs, but it does really slow the process.

Re: your post on resumes, I would definitely do two pages, and try to be creative and eye-catching without being cheesy. I've added colors to the headings, and pasted the company logo for each employer on my list. It adds some visual interest, and hopefully helps it stand out just a bit.

Good luck with your search!

Eve said...

You've probably looked around already, but have you run across this site?

http://www.efinancialcareers.com/

pinkymooo said...

I like your style. I wonder if I should try this approach in my bid to get a job.

http://citrusrage.blogspot.com

Sri said...

Not sure if you've found the job already! But you should try direct ads by Linked in. You can advertize yourself to professionals in the Finance and Marketing industries on LinkedIn, and tag back to your LinkedIn profile or your online resume! I think its a pretty cool idea!