Sunday, August 17, 2008

Resumes

It’s been over a week since I’ve seen any decent job postings. There are good jobs out there, don’t get me wrong, just nothing that seems inspiring. The job that I have almost meets my needs and financial obligations, but I’m thankful to have it.

I’m really looking forward to sinking my teeth in to a real good position. They do occasionally come up, I just need to be patient for them to come around. I fine tune my resume for each position that I apply, and highlight the skills/experiences that are required for that job.

What is the school of thought on resumes now? Not too long ago, a one page resume was what you should have. I could never do justice to the work that I’ve done with just one page or give any decent idea to people about my experiences.

My resume is in sections, each section covers one major skill set, one section for Project Management, another for Wealth Management and so on. I’ll piece together the relevant sections and if needed prioritize the information in each section according to the job requirements. It’s somewhat of a functional resume with relevant information in chronological order.

With any luck I’m not boring you with my resume logic. Going for a bike ride now.

No comments: