Thursday, August 7, 2008

Web Developing to My First Business

Building my website and making the pages for the mutual fund companies was fun! More and more people were starting to use my website. I also found out that I was one of a very few stock brokers who actually had a website. At the same time there were some changes happening at the brokerage firm.

I was hired to develop a pension area and I went at it full-force getting anything and everything ready for its launch. I interview companies for outsourcing the management; created marketing material; got designers and printers to create and print samples; everything. Then all of a sudden I was starting to hit and see "road blocks". Management wasn’t as receptive to my contact; it was getting more difficult to get approval. After a few months of this I tendered my letter of resignation and I was done with being a stock broker.

Sitting at home I figured that I needed a job and I really didn’t want to go back to being a stock broker, too much bull-shit, many promises but few deliveries. Updating my website, I figured that this internet thing had potential, after all others were commenting about the site and Netscape’s IPO did well.

I registered my first domain name and opened my doors!

D

No comments: