Monday, August 18, 2008

The Work I've Been Doing

I’m working for a small family owned company with less than a dozen employees. My role here is very simple, he kind of needed a jack of all computer trades and a lot of marketing help. The website has been completely revamped with a database driving most of the functions. I’m now developing some basic applications to keep track of his inventory and to record specific information on incoming products.

There are now over 5000 people registered with an email service and they are getting regular updates about functions and company on-goings. A few times a week I hear of new and repeat customers coming in and commenting how they were responding to information that was emailed to them.

On the PR front, I’ve got the owner appearing on two local TV shows this week and interviews with four newspapers (two local and two national). He’s quite happy with the attention and I’m sure that it’ll translate into additional business.

He realizes that I’m doing the work for the money and he knows that he’s getting more than I’m worth, but it’s all that he can really afford to do at this time. I’m told him that if I were to leave, that I would still provide him with support as long as he needs it (and he really does!) I’d never leave him high and dry.

I was out for a 90 minute yesterday. Got to start keeping track of my distance. I'll see what I can caluclate with Google Maps.

2 comments:

Noёlle Smith said...

Use http://www.walkjogrun.net/
to track your workout times and distances.

Denise Wakeman aka The Blog Squad said...

Also http://www.mapmyrun.com lets you map runs, walks, rides, workouts.

Good luck with your job search. Nice work, using HARO!

Blog on!